TrustEvery day, soldiers and police officers put their lives on the line while protected by Spectra® fiber in their bullet-resistant vests, vehicles and helmets. Honeywell’s Spectra fiber is one of the strongest manmade fibers and delivers on quality where it counts.ProductivitySpectra’s properties also allow for improved productivity in many ways. Lighter equipment, increased capacities and reduced manpower result from Spectra’s high strength to weight ratio. Spectra’s abrasion and bending performance leads to longer life and less downtime.PerformancePound for pound, Spectra fiber is 15 times stronger than steel, lends its lightweight strength to industrial workplaces. Spectra is light enough to float in water while remaining hydrophobic.SafetySpectra’s light weight reduces lifting strains and back injuries. Its low density and low elongation minimize snapback risk to users. It is soft to the touch yet remarkably durable without requiring lubricants that increase slipping and environmental concerns.
Start your search with category name, product name, part number, etc.
For use in medical applications Spectra Medical Grade is an ultra-high strength, ultra-lightweight polyethylene fiber manufactured through a patented gel spinning process
With extensive in-house material research and development capabilities, we have created uses for Spectra fiber in unique applications.
- Rope: Spectra fiber’s lightweight strength and versatility make it an ideal solution for virtually every rope and cordage requirement.
- Fishing Line: The #1 super-line material found in the world’s best saltwater and freshwater fishing lines.
- Cut Protection: Our industrial gloves are designed to protect workers hands from cut hazards.
- Specialty Applications: With a global sales and technical support network, we offer the resources to support your business, coupled with the best options in lightweight, strong fibers.
- Textiles: Decades of engineering delivering textiles as comfortable and light as they are durable and strong.
Spectra® fiber, one of the world's strongest and lightest materials, can be crafted into composite structures such as Spectra Shield® ballistic material, an ideal product for military applications.
- Spectra Shield®
- Gold Shield®
- Gold Flex®