On a Mission to Keep Your Heavy-Duty Vehicle and the Planet Cool
For decades, the automotive industry used hydrofluorocarbon HFC-134a as a mobile air conditioning refrigerant. This material is effective at cooling vehicles but contributes to global warming and is being phased out globally by many countries under the Kigali Amendment. In 2011, low global warming potential (GWP), Honeywell Solstice® yf (R-1234yf) was invented. Over ten years later, there are more than 185 million vehicles on the road using 1234yf which greatly reduces emissions and benefits planet Earth. Today 1234yf is used by every automobile maker in the world because of its proven performance, ease of use and safety standards.
Make the switch today! Convert your heavy-duty off-road and on-road vehicles to Solstice® yf.
Focus on a Better Tomorrow, Today
- Industry standard, safe and effective air conditioning solution for commercial equipment owners and operators
- Deemed safe and reliable by SAE and VDA
- Similar physical properties, Coefficient of Performance (COP), and handling and storage needs as 134a
- Commercially available for stable long-term supply
- Ultra-low global warming potential; complies with US and EU low global warming requirements
- Approved by US EPA SNAP for use in Heavy-Duty off-road and EU REACH for use in all Heavy-Duty vehicles
- Qualifies for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) greenhouse gas (GHG) tailpipe credits under the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standard
Learn about current and proposed Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) application categories for 1234yf in mobile vehicle air conditioning for light-duty, medium-duty, heavy-duty and off-road vehicles. Download SNAP Handout
How 1234yf Compares:
Make an Impact with Solstice®
Honeywell has invested more than one billion dollars in its Solstice® technology, having anticipated the need for lower-global-warming-potential (LGWP) solutions more than a decade ago. Today, Honeywell is helping customers lower their greenhouse gas emissions and improve energy efficiency without sacrificing performance.
Our Commitment To ESG
At Honeywell, we are innovating to solve the world’s toughest ESG challenges. Learn more about our commitment to protecting the environment, our people, and our communities, while creating value for our shareholders.
Get In Touch